The survivors of the Labadi gas explosion accident, currently receiving medical attention, will have all bills paid by the government.
According to the Health Minister, Alex Segbefia who was at the 37 Hospital earlier today to visit some survivors, “the President has indicated that all the cost of treating the victims will be covered by the state.”
He said his team will be visiting other hospitals including the La General Hospital, Police Hospital and the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital where some victims are receiving treatment to assess at firs hand their situation.
Earlier on Friday, one more person was confirmed dead from the incident which occurred on Thursday evening close to the Accra International Trade Fair Centre and the Labadi Cemetry.
This brings the total number to six from the five recorded last night at the scene.
The total number of people injured in yesterday’s accident has also risen to over forty.
Citi News’ Felicia Osei visited the 37 Military Hospital where 23 of the victims are receiving treatment and spoke to Suzzy Ankah, an eight-year-old who lost her aunty and could not locate her brothers.
“My Aunty has died and I cannot find my brothers. An ambulance brought me to the hospital,” she said.
“ Unfortunately we lost one who was in a bad condition when we arrived and within a short space of time, he passed on. We then had four who were actually treated and discharged so on admission at the current level we have 23 at various levels and degrees of burn.”